Appointments to see any of the doctors can be made by phone or calling at the reception desk. There are a variety of ways of seeing a doctor:
- Advanced bookable appointments up to 6 weeks ahead
- Book on the day appointments (phone at 08:00)
- 48 hour bookable appointments
- Telephone consultations
- Open surgery (Wednesday AM)
- Emergency appointments/advice
Please note that appointments are intended for one patient only. It is preferable to consult with only one or two problems as the doctors cannot deal adequately with more in a 10 minute appointment. It is often useful to write them down and deal with the most important first. Sometimes more than one appointment may be needed.
OPEN SURGERY - every Wednesday. 9-10AM, ONE semi-urgent issue, to retain place in queue - you need to wait in surgery. PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS, THERE IS CURRENTLY NO OPEN SURGERY.
Please note that delays in pre-booked appointments are often unavoidable and you may have to wait beyond your scheduled time to be seen.
Note: If you wish to speak to reception about a confidential matter - just ask to be seen away from the front desk. We are very happy to accommodate any such requests.
CHAPERONE POLICY - We aim to offer all patients a chaperone. If you would like a nurse present during your examination please ask your doctor.
- Later booked appointments including telephone consultations one evening a week.
- Early appointments every second Tuesday morning
- Every third Saturday morning appointments in the month
- Limited online booking for the above
In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice nurses are qualified to deal with many conditions and you may be seen more quickly.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.